Building Value is a quarterly newsletter that focuses on business valuation issues facing business owners and the professionals who advise them.
For more information on the information you read within, please contact:
- Providing Testimony: What to Watch For and Watch OUT For
Many engagements require us to testify in support of our conclusion of value, calculated value, or computation of damages. Testimony is often one of the most important parts of our function in a case and an excellent presentation by an expert is often helpful to the trier of fact in reaching a decision in the case. Here are some tips for before and dur¬ing the trial that may help you prepare and be the effective witness you want to be, and the counsel on your side wants you to be.
- The 10 Most Common Business Valuation Mistakes
While everyone wants to believes that the business valuation being performed is perfect, there are times when the information is not always the most accurate. This article is an observation of ten of the most common mistakes made during the business valuation process.
- Common Sense Issues in the Cost of Capital
- Business Valuation Considerations in Ownership Buy-Sell Agreements
- Trending Topics In Healthcare Valuation
- Estate of Natale Giustina
- A Tangled Web: Problems Arise when Appellate Court Awards ‘Equalization Payment’
- Valuing Contract Earn-Out Provisions
- Reaching a Conclusion of Value: Reflections on the Use of Market Data
- Capital Structure of Private Firms
- Direct and Indirect Patent Infringement: Damages Issues and Licensing
- Current Issues: Private Equity and Hedge Funds
- Shareholder / Member Agreement’s Influence on Value: Should We Be Bound by Them?
- Estate of Helen P. Richmond V. Commissioner
- Long Term Growth: Have the Facts Changed?
- Growth in a Vacuum: Maximizing Value in a Depressed Economy
- The Changing Face of Private Equity
- Quality Assurance in Business Appraisal
- Personal Goodwill in Divorce
- Mountanos V. Commissioner
- Synergy and Fair Market Value: Are they mutually exclusive?
- Advocacy vs. Objectivity
- Estate of James A. Elkins, Jr., V. Commissioner