BMF Staff Highlights – Spring & Summer 2020
Help isn’t just defined in a business context. We encourage our teams to invest in our communities, in each other and in ourselves. Here are some of the ways we’re enhancing our efforts to support our local charities by continuing our roles as nonprofit agency leaders and investing in our individual growth and development.
- Kristian Barr was selected for the Cleveland Bridge Builders (CBB) Class of 2021. Cleveland Bridge Builders is a program of the Cleveland Leadership Center that builds a continuum of civic leaders committed to our community’s excellence by serving as a catalyst for civic engagement.
- Joe Blaha was the recipient of the Thomas Prescott Memorial Award presented by NEOhio Region Sports Car Club of America, for “individual efforts, competitive spirit and desire to win have characterized his/her racing season.” Joe finished 8th place out of 59 drivers at the national championships. Check out his article on page 8 in the NEOSCCA newsletter.
- Samuel Covert was appointed to Secretary/Treasurer of the Beta Kappa Housing Company which awards $10,000 in scholarships annually to students at Ohio University.
- Rick Fedorovich has joined the Board of Directors for The Ohio Society of CPAs, a leadership opportunity to help shape the profession. Rick was also named Board Chair of the Cleveland Leadership Center, which provides leadership and community engagement opportunities across a wide spectrum of life and career stages to inspire, connect and challenge individuals to make a positive community impact.
- Karyn Kail joined the finance committee for the Greater Akron Chamber, whose mission is to drive economic growth and prosperity for Greater Akron by supporting the success of the business community and acting as a convener of stakeholders on key issues facing the region.
- Stephanie Smith earned the designation as a Gallup-Certified Strengths Coach, which demonstrates outstanding commitment to using strengths-based development to help others learn, grow, develop and succeed. There are approximately 18,000 certified coaches worldwide.
- Alison Stem earned CFE designation which denotes proven expertise in fraud prevention, detection and deterrence. CFEs are trained to identify the warning signed and red flags that indicate evidence of fraud and fraud risk.
- Steve Swann was appointed to the board of Goodwill Industries of Akron, which helps individuals prepare for, find and retain employment.
Stephanie Smith was nominated for the Women of Achievement Awards, an awards program offered through the Greater Akron Chamber that honors professional women in the public and private sectors who have made an impact in their careers and their communities while encouraging the success of other women.
Stay up-to-date with the latest news and information delivered to your inbox.