When the Mission Matters
Nonprofits face a bevy of challenges as they are held accountable to their donors, volunteers, oversight agencies, committees, and the very ones they serve. While focusing on your mission, organizations cannot afford to overlook opportunities to improve on and overcome your financial challenges.
Bober Markey Fedorovich has extensive experience serving a broad range of not-for-profit organizations, including:
- Health and welfare
- Private foundations
- Higher education
- Social service
- Membership associations
An Experienced Perspective
Led by partner Dale A. Ruther, our Nonprofit Services Group is made up of professionals who have the experience and specialized training to serve the unique needs of nonprofit organizations.
Beyond the team’s primary focus of auditing and tax compliance and planning in accordance with Government Auditing Standards and with the Office of Management and Budget Circular A-133, we also provide innovative ideas and practical solutions to assist our clients in developing a solid financial structure to help carry out their mission. In fact, our team has been involved in many special projects for our clients including:
- Acquisition due diligence
- Program/profitability analysis
- Internal control
- Projections and forecasts
Check out some of our industry-related thought leadership.
Build a strong, long-term relationship to further your mission with an experienced partner.
Our Community Service
Bober Markey Fedorovich has a long history and excellent reputation for serving many and varied nonprofit organizations throughout our community. Currently, through board membership and volunteerism, our partners, managers, and associates serve more than 70 organizations across the area.
This helps us gain valuable perspective on the challenges that are inherent in the nonprofit environment. By sitting on the “other side of the table,” we are better equipped to understand your position and help you achieve your goals.
- Audits in accordance with Governmental Auditing Standards
- Audits in accordance with Uniform Grant Guidance (Federal Awards)
- Compliance with budgetary and regulatory requirements
- Fraud prevention
- Audited, reviewed and compiled financial statements
- New financial accounting standards
- Fundraising and strategic planning assistance
- Compensation plans and incentive programs
- Obtaining and maintaining tax-exempt status
- Benchmarking, trend and revenue analysis
- Unrelated business income tax matters
- Budgets and forecasts
- Staff development and training
- Board meeting presentations
- IRS representation
- Preparation of 990 and 990-T
- Employee benefit plan audits