Alison M. Stem
Industry & Service Expertise
A manager within the BMF Transaction Advisory Services Group, Alison provides financial due diligence and other consultation services to private equity groups, equity sponsors and public companies throughout the country. She spent four years in BMF’s Assurance and Advisory Services practice focusing on corporate audits in a variety of industries. This experience enabled her to obtain a thorough understanding of her clients’ unique businesses, aiming to identify risk exposure and provide recommendations to improve efficiency and profitability.
Previously, Alison worked at a national CPA firm as a consulting engagement director, where she advanced her managerial accounting and business advisory skills at one of the world’s largest specialty chemicals and plastics manufacturers. In addition, Alison brings compliance and internal control insight from internal audit experience at a $26 billion financial institution.
Active in her community, Alison serves as the treasurer for a nonprofit counseling center in her hometown and enjoys volunteering at local soup kitchens and animal rescues.
- Transaction Advisory Services
- Financial Due Diligence
- Working Capital Analysis
- Assurance Services
- Internal Audit
- Internal Controls
- Managerial Accounting
- Process Improvement Implementation
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Kent State University
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing, Kent State University
Professional and Civic Memberships and Activities
- Effective Counseling Solutions LLP, current Treasurer
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA)