Cindy H. Mitchell
Industry & Service Expertise
Cindy has more than 25 years of individual tax experience and heads up the high net worth clients and executive groups practice. Through frequent communication, Cindy gains an in-depth understanding of each client’s financial goals, anticipating changes throughout various stages of life. Services include helping develop complex tax strategies, providing tax and financial advisory assistance, retirement planning and payroll.
Cindy regularly advises clients on a host of employee benefit tax matters, including preparation and filing of annual returns with the DOL, as well as detecting and correcting plan errors. She also has an extensive background working with employers to determine the best plan for their needs. She is also the key lead on tax-related benefit plan compliance and research.
Cindy joined Bober Markey Fedorovich in 1999. Prior to that, she worked at a small accounting firm in Chapel Hill, NC.
- Individual Taxation and Wealth Preservation
- Retirement Planning
- Gift and Estate Planning
- Family Office Services
- Employee Benefits Compliance and Advisory
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, The University of Akron, summa cum laude
- The University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC
Professional and Civic Memberships and Activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), member
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA), member
- Make-a-Wish® Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana, Cleveland regional advisory board member
- Victim Assistance Program, board member
- Akron Community Foundation, professional advisory committee
- Leadership Akron, Class XXXI, 2015
- Beta Gamma Sigma, The University of Akron
Remember the payroll tax deferral for employers we talked about a few months ago? In early August, President Trump signed a few executive orders to help people who are struggling financially, including payroll deferrals for employees. The Order says. Read More >>
There have been several changes to Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) rules this past year. When the Setting Every Community Up for Retirement Enhancement (SECURE) Act passed last December, it changed the age limit for RMDs from age 70 ½. Read More >>
The Ohio Department of Taxation announced that the 2020 Sales Tax Holiday will start on Friday, August 7, 2020 and end on Sunday, August 9, 2020 at midnight. During the holiday, the following items will be exempt from tax:. Read More >>