Cindy H. Mitchell
Industry & Service Expertise
Cindy has more than 25 years of individual tax experience and heads up the high net worth clients and executive groups practice. Through frequent communication, Cindy gains an in-depth understanding of each client’s financial goals, anticipating changes throughout various stages of life. Services include helping develop complex tax strategies, providing tax and financial advisory assistance, retirement planning and payroll.
Cindy regularly advises clients on a host of employee benefit tax matters, including preparation and filing of annual returns with the DOL, as well as detecting and correcting plan errors. She also has an extensive background working with employers to determine the best plan for their needs. She is also the key lead on tax-related benefit plan compliance and research.
Cindy joined Bober Markey Fedorovich in 1999. Prior to that, she worked at a small accounting firm in Chapel Hill, NC.
- Individual Taxation and Wealth Preservation
- Retirement Planning
- Gift and Estate Planning
- Family Office Services
- Employee Benefits Compliance and Advisory
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, The University of Akron, summa cum laude
- The University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC
Professional and Civic Memberships and Activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), member
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA), member
- Make-a-Wish® Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana, Cleveland regional advisory board member
- Victim Assistance Program, board member
- Akron Community Foundation, professional advisory committee
- Leadership Akron, Class XXXI, 2015
- Beta Gamma Sigma, The University of Akron
With the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) changing the playing field in the tax realm, there are several approaches you may want to consider before year-end to help minimize your tax burden. Below are some of the. Read More >>
The IRS has announced the 2020 cost-of-living adjustments (COLAs), which impact retirement plans for more than 67 million Americans. In addition, the Social Security Administration announced the 2020 social security wage base will be $137,700, which reflects a 3.6%. Read More >>
Back-to-school season has returned – and so has the Sales Tax Holiday! For the fifth consecutive year, The Ohio Department of Taxation has announced the return of the sales tax holiday to help reduce the back-to-school blow to your. Read More >>