Dale A. Ruther
CPA, CIT, CDS, CCIFP
Industry & Service Expertise
Dale Ruther focuses on providing audit, taxation and advisory services to clients in a variety of industries.
As practice leader for the firm’s Construction Services Group, his extensive experience includes contract accounting both on the audit and tax side, construction claims, incentive performance pay packages for executive and field personnel, performance measurement systems, mergers and acquisitions and job costing system analyses.
Dale is also the firm’s nonprofit practice leader with expertise in OMB A-133, compensation strategies for tax-exempt organizations, benchmarking and performance measurement systems. In addition, Dale represents a number of manufacturing and industrial product businesses within the firm.
Dale also represents a number of franchisees of various systems. He presents annually at the Buffalo Wings National Franchise Association business summit on various accounting, auditing, business and tax topics that affect franchises.
Dale was with Main Hurdman Peat Marwick (now KPMG) before joining Bober Markey Fedorovich in 1982. He was elected partner in 1992.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Construction Industry Technician (CIT)
- Construction Document Specialist (CDS)
- Certified Construction Industry Finance Professional (CCIFP)
- Bachelor of Arts in accounting and management, Walsh University, magna cum laude
Professional and Civic Memberships
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), member
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA), member
- Allinial Global, Construction Community of Practice, member
- Construction Financial Management Association’s (CFMA), national tax and legislation committee
- Northern Ohio CFMA chapter, past president
- Evant, treasurer
- Stephen A. Comunale Jr. Charitable Foundation, treasurer
- Boys and Girls Club of the Western Reserve, board member
- Big Brothers and Sisters, honorary board member
- AICPA instructor for construction and nonprofit accounting and taxation on a national level
Awards and Accolades
- United Way of Summit County, Community Builder Award recipient 2009
There aren’t many instances when the businesses face a game changer, but that what every company will experience in its day-to-day accounting practices with the Revenue Recognition Standards. To help make sense of the change, we hosted an educational seminar. Read More >>
As the new standards are being rolled out, the construction industry needs to address these standards as well as the unique accounting issues that the construction contractor faces with preparing their annual financial statements. There are several unique items. Read More >>
It’s impossible to run any business without incurring risks, but the construction industry is riskier than most. Smart contractors do all they can to understand and mitigate the business threats they face so their businesses remain viable in times. Read More >>