Dale A. Ruther
CPA, CIT, CDS, CCIFP
Industry & Service Expertise
Dale Ruther focuses on providing audit, taxation and advisory services to clients in a variety of industries.
As the practice leader for the firm’s Construction Services Group, his extensive experience includes contract accounting both on the audit and tax side, construction claims, incentive performance pay packages for executive and field personnel, performance measurement systems, mergers and acquisitions and job costing system analyses.
Dale is also the firm’s nonprofit practice leader with expertise in OMB A-133, compensation strategies for tax-exempt organizations, benchmarking and performance measurement systems. In addition, Dale represents a number of manufacturing and industrial product businesses within the firm.
Dale also represents a number of franchisees of various systems. He presents annually at the Buffalo Wings National Franchise Association business summit on various accounting, auditing, business and tax topics that affect franchises.
Dale was with Main Hurdman Peat Marwick (now KPMG) before joining Bober Markey Fedorovich in 1982. He was elected partner in 1992.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Construction Industry Technician (CIT)
- Construction Document Specialist (CDS)
- Certified Construction Industry Finance Professional (CCIFP)
- Bachelor of Arts in accounting and management, Walsh University, magna cum laude
Professional and Civic Memberships
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), member
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA), member
- Allinial Global, Construction Community of Practice, member
- Construction Financial Management Association’s (CFMA), national tax and legislation committee
- Northern Ohio CFMA chapter, past president
- Stephen A. Comunale Jr. Charitable Foundation, treasurer
- Boys and Girls Club of the Western Reserve, board member
- Big Brothers and Sisters, honorary board member
- AICPA instructor for construction and nonprofit accounting and taxation on a national level
Awards and Accolades
- United Way of Summit County, Community Builder Award recipient 2009
Dale Ruther covers the top 10 questions (and answers) we hear most with the Paycheck Protection Program loans. When is the loan forgiveness period? How do we calculate full-time employees? How does the safe harbor calculation work? What payroll. Read More >>
We’ve had a variety of conversations with clients on loan applications, forgiveness, maximization, compliance requirements, and tools that can be used to navigate this environment through the near and longer-term future. (See our PPP Loan Forgiveness Highlights for details and. Read More >>