David R. Planitzer
Industry & Service Expertise
Serving a dual role as Manager of BMF’s Controllership Services and Audit Manager for ongoing client assignments, David brings a broad foundation of both public and private accounting experience from a wide variety of industries.
Whether it is working on an interim controllership assignment or an audit, David is well-versed in providing strategic counsel to the C-suite, whether it be financial and operational reporting, project management and oversight, financial and data analytics, contract negotiations or compliance. He serves as a bridge-builder on behalf of his clients, connecting them with the critical financial intelligence and insight they need to make sound, informed decisions to drive their companies forward.
David’s experience with a large national public accounting firm, coupled with his executive leadership position as CFO at an energy transmission and distribution business, produces unique insight into the challenges clients face. This experience provides him with well-rounded perspectives into the roadblocks clients face in order to achieve their financial objectives.
- Agreed Upon Procedures
- Audit, Reviews
- Audit Readiness & Liaison
- Governance, Risk & Compliance
- New Accounting Standards Adoption
- Non-Routine Transaction Accounting Evaluation
- Certified Public Accountant
- Closely-Held Businesses
- Financial Reporting & Audit
- General Ledger / Month-End Close
- Non-routine Transactions/Business Combinations
- Private Equity
Professional and Civic Memberships and Activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Boy Scouts of America, Troop 132, Former Treasurer