Karen J. Costantini
Industry & Service Expertise
When businesses are faced with huge tax bills, multi-state tax issues, or are looking for opportunities on how they can maximize their tax strategies, it’s not uncommon for owners to call their trusted financial advisors for help. That’s where Karen comes in.
With more than 20 years of experience, Karen’s practice involves all aspects of tax planning, including federal, multi-state and international tax, mergers and acquisitions, and other tax-efficient strategies for businesses and their owners. She works extensively with privately held and private equity-owned companies in a variety of industries, including manufacturing and distribution, service, real estate and investments.
Karen understands that no single approach is right for every organization. She works with business owners to understand their individual business needs, short-term goals, growth tactics, succession planning, and long-term plans to construct strategies that minimize tax burdens.
Along with her extensive tax planning knowledge, Karen works with business owners on their personal wealth strategies, including income tax, estate planning, and business succession. She currently serves as Chair of BMF’s Staff Development Committee, whose purpose is to align staff goals with opportunities for personal development within the firm.
Karen served as Director of Tax with an IPA Top 10 public accounting firm before returning to BMF.
- Business Tax Services, for both closely-held and private equity owners
- ASC740 (FAS 109)
- Consolidated and Tiered Entity Structures
- Family Office
- IRS exams
- LIFO and Inventory Tax Services
- Merger and Acquisition Advisory
- Manufacturing & Distribution
- Multi-State Taxation Services
- Bachelor of Business Administration in accounting, Baldwin Wallace College, summa cum laude
Professional and Civic Memberships and Activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), member
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA), member
- Dress for Success Cleveland, former board member
- North Coast Community Homes, fall 2012 event planning committee
- Business Volunteers Unlimited, board matching program participant
When businesses are faced with huge tax bills, multi-state tax issues, or are looking for opportunities on how they can maximize their tax strategies, it’s not uncommon for owners to call their trusted financial advisors for help. That’s. Read More >>