Karyn M. Sullivan
Industry & Service Expertise
As COO/CFO, Karyn is charged with focusing on financial metrics and has been instrumental in redefining operational policies and practices. She is the driving force behind our efforts to maintain accountability in the firm by developing and implementing new policies and procedures and to consistently move routine efforts forward. Focusing on these financial metrics is a critical component of remaining independent – another core philosophy of the firm.
Working alongside our CEO Rick Fedorovich, Karyn assumes additional firm management and operational responsibilities, including financial analysis and performance, and evaluating and implementing practice management best practices. She also collaborates with other functional department heads such as information technology, human resources, and the administrative department as well as continuing to contribute to the strategic direction of the firm.
With her experience as a CPA coupled with her business development prowess, Karyn continues to oversee the marketing and business development efforts for BMF. She is responsible for the firm’s strategic and marketing planning and implementation, new business development and public relations. She works closely with the partners in identifying and meeting with potential clients as well as ensuring current client satisfaction.
As a client service provider, Karyn’s experience included working with our client’s CFO’s and business owners as a business advisor and managing audit engagements for companies with revenues from $20 to $500 million in multiple industries including manufacturing, retail and professional services. Her experience also includes corporation, partnership and individual tax preparation as well as transaction advisory services.
Karyn also plays an active role in cultivating relationships and developing resource partnerships with the firm’s affiliate, Allinial Global, made up of independent accounting firms. In this capacity, Karyn focuses on best practices, international needs, market research and practice management in the CPA profession. She has presented at Allinial Global and Association for Accounting Marketing (AAM) national conferences on a number of topics related to business development in CPA firms.
Karyn joined the firm in 1992 and became Chief Operating Officer in July 2015.
Awards and Accolades
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Ohio University, magna cum laude
Professional and Civic Memberships and Activities
- Leadership Cleveland, Signature Class 2018-2019
- Leadership Akron, Class XXIX, 2013 Graduate
- Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park, finance committee chair, executive committee and board member
- Allinial Global, COO Community of Practice, co-chair
- Leadership Akron/Torchbearers, joint service project, Rubber City Race Series co-chair
- Leadership Akron, Core Support Committee member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), member
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA), member
- United Way of Summit County, Loaned Executive Campaign
- Allinial Global, Business Development and Marketing Committee, past member
- Association for Accounting Marketing (AAM), past member
- United Way of Summit County, campaign account executive, Hudson-Stow-Twinsburg
We are pleased to announce the addition of Kristian R. Barr, CPA, MSA, to our Assurance and Advisory group. Kristian brings a seasoned background with more than 15 years of experience working within a $100M global manufacturing environment and. Read More >>
John E. Jenkins, CPA, was named the newest partner at Bober Markey Fedorovich (BMF), a top 20 Northeast Ohio CPA and advisory firm, effective January 1, 2019. The Cuyahoga Falls resident joined BMF’s tax practice in 2013 as a. Read More >>
We are pleased to announce the following key promotions and new hires in Northeast Ohio. Jennifer Martin, CPA, CFE has been promoted to Manager, Transaction Advisory Services. Jennifer specializes in both buy and sell side transaction support, focusing on. Read More >>