Steve C. Swann
Industry & Service Expertise
Steve is a partner within BMF’s Transaction Advisory Services Group conducting engagements for buyers and investors from private equity groups, public companies, development groups and subordinated debt lenders. Steve also provides business valuation and litigation support services for the legal profession and other business entities.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV)
- Transaction advisory services – extensive experience conducting financial due diligence including, but not limited to, quality of earnings analysis, quality of assets analysis, financial modeling and projection evaluations, purchase price and working capital adjustments.
- Financial advisory services – extensive experience preparing integrated and complex financial projections for various business purposes, such as the following: evaluating acquisition targets and impact of synergies; return on investment analysis; and, evaluating business performance by location, segment, and/or business line.
- Business valuation analysis – estate and gift tax, bankruptcy cases, family law, GAAP financial reporting, and M&A related valuations.
- Litigation / forensic accounting services – shareholder disputes, lost profits analysis, misappropriation of assets, and bankruptcy cases.
Awards and Accolades
- The M&A Advisor, 40 Under 40 Emerging Leaders Award Winner, 2015
- Bachelor of Science in accounting, The University of Akron
Professional and Civic Memberships
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), member
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA), member
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- The Northeast Ohio Chapter of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
Business sellers are always well advised to highlight their strengths when marketing their company to prospective buyers — such as experienced management, distinctive products or a strong brand. However, one potential key value driver that’s often overlooked is. Read More >>
Often, business owners approach a valuation with a mix of excitement and anxiety. Will the valuation go well? Will the results match expectations? Before the process starts, though, a reality check may be in order. It’s wise to keep. Read More >>
Everything may be going according to plan in an M&A negotiation until something suddenly puts the entire deal in doubt. Perhaps the buyer gets cold feet after conducting a round of due diligence or the seller feels insulted by. Read More >>