Zachary A. Schweda
Industry & Service Expertise
Zak specializes in assisting both public and private corporations, law firms, and lenders with analysis, understanding, and resolution of complex financial issues. He focuses primarily on providing independent third-party valuation consulting services across a broad range of asset classes to support clients’ financial reporting and tax reporting endeavors as well as providing expertise within litigious contexts.
Zak is highly experienced in valuation and accounting guidance in accordance with U.S. GAAP and IFRS related to business combinations, indefinite- and finite-lived asset impairment testing, share-based compensation, and other fair value measurements. His work product is fully supported and withstands scrutiny from the SEC, IRS, external audit reviews, and other triers of fact. He has extensive know-how related to clients’ external tax and financial reporting advisors’ expectations in this context as he has been either the first or second signer on nearly 300 financial and/or tax reporting-driven engagements over his 13 year valuation career.
Prior to joining BMF, Zak served as the Managing Director responsible for the Valuation and Corporate Services Practice at an independent advisory firm focused on compliance solutions, financial crimes and valuation consulting.
- Valuation Advisory
- Business Combinations (ASC 805)
- Goodwill and Other Asset Impairment Testing (ASC 350/360)
- Share-based / Deferred Compensation (ASC 718 / U.S. Code§409A)
- Fair Value Measurements and Disclosures (ASC 820)
- Golden Parachute Payments (U.S. Code§280G)
- Fairness / Solvency Opinions
- Intellectual Property (Disputes / ASC 805)
- Estate and Gift Tax Planning
- Business Succession Planning
- Economic Damage Analyses
- Shareholder Disputes
- Brown University, Business Economics
Professional and Civic Memberships
- St. Edward High School, President’s Advisory Council
- The First Tee® of Cleveland, ambassador committee member
- Brown University, alumni association, regional admissions interviewer
Most business owners spend a lifetime building their business. When it comes to succession, business owners need to weigh the benefits and detriments of a variety of potential exit strategies. This could involve selling to either a strategic or. Read More >>