Theodore A. Wagner
Industry & Service Expertise
Serving in a dual role as both managing partner of our Cleveland office and Partner-in-Charge of BMF’s Taxation Services practice, Tod brings three decades of business management experience to the firm’s clients.
Tod delivers high-level advisory services to middle market businesses and their owners in the areas of corporate and individual tax planning. In working with high net worth family groups and family offices, Tod helps clients align their personal, financial, charitable and legacy goals. His expertise also includes estate and succession planning, business valuation, and represents clients before taxing authorities.
As Partner-in-Charge of Taxation Services, Tod sets the vision and direction of the firm’s tax practice, ensuring that the firm’s expertise and resources are aligned with the current and future needs of our clients. Tod’s philosophy as a tax advisor extends beyond compliance and reporting to include a broader consultative approach that blends financial and business strategy needs into a tax strategy that aligns with the client’s personal and business goals.
Along with tax and financial planning, Tod has extensive expertise with mergers and acquisitions including tax diligence, business valuations, negotiation of deal terms, and innovative transaction structuring strategies.
Tod was with Arthur Andersen for nine years, and Libman, Goldstine, Kopperman & Wolf, Inc. for more than 13 years before merging with BMF in 2014.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA)
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Succession Planning
- Business Valuation
- Pass-Through Entities
- Trusts and Estates
- Bachelor of Science in accounting, Miami University
Professional Service Memberships
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts, member
Civic Memberships and Activities
- Leadership Cleveland, Class of 2017 graduate
- Association for Corporate Growth, Cleveland, board member, and past president
- Cleveland Zoological Society, board member
- The City Mission, treasurer, and endowment foundation president
- Harvest for Hunger, “Kitchen Cabinet” member
- Case Western Reserve University Weatherhead School of Management, past adjunct professor
- United Way of Cuyahoga County, executive campaign cabinet, former member
On Thursday, February 28, Senate Finance Committee leaders introduced legislation to retroactively extend tax provisions that expired at the end of 2017 and 2018. The measure would extend some 29 expired tax provisions through the end of 2019 at. Read More >>
On September 29, 2017, President Trump signed the Disaster Tax Relief and Airport and Airway Extension Act of 2017 (“Bill”). This bill extends several federal aviation programs set to expire, aviation taxes, and public health programs through March. Read More >>
Company valuations today are at the highest levels we’ve seen in years. So if you’re a business owner thinking about a liquidity event, now would be a good time, right? Not so fast. Even though the value of their. Read More >>